NHS Careers - promoting all careers in NHS Scotland
NHS Education for Scotland and Skills Development Scotland have developed the new website which promotes the hundreds of different careers on offer in the country. The Website is now live and can be found at: www.careers.nhs.scot
A short video clip promoting both the NHS Careers Portal and their Job Search Portal can be found at: https://vimeo.com/159815133
There are approximately 160,000 people employed by the NHS in Scotland and the message is that it's not just doctors and nurses who are needed to make sure people receive the best healthcare. 144 delegates are expected today at a Murrayfield conference called 'Explore the world of careers in NHSScotland’. A wide range of professionals with an interest in developing the young workforce are attending to find out about the resources available and to learn how to support the recruitment and employment of young people.
The new website includes:
- job profiles for the wide range of careers available in NHSScotland
- links to current NHSScotland vacancies
- a special section for young people including information about Modern Apprenticeships available in NHSScotland
- information relevant to potential, existing and returning NHSScotland staff
A key feature of the site is the use of videos of existing NHSScotland staff who talk about how their job makes a difference to patients’ lives including:
- Alex, an apprentice joiner in a Board; Rachel, a paediatric dietitian – she explains that her job gives her great satisfaction because she knows she makes a difference to the lives of children with cancer;
- Shaun, a respiratory physiologist, who says working for NHSScotland gives him ‘opportunities to develop professionally’
- Jennifer, a laundry assistant, who feels her job is important as the hospital where she works cannot function without fresh laundry!